Saturday, October 16, 2010

Fire Truck Cake

At first, he wanted a garbage truck cake, then he wanted a fire truck cake...It was a working day and I had to rush home and the time? Not enough to bake, create and ice. So, I cheated a bit...



How? I bought a banana cake, cut it into few blocks, 'paste' them together with icing...and then concentrated (not really, with the 2 kids running around...) in making the icing, colouring them, then iced the cake, put it in the fridge and taking it out again...continue icing, what a process!

Finally, after about 2 hours or so, I told myself to stop (or else it won't get done coz' it was messy and far from being perfect) and hey, what's important was that my son approved it!






Ignore the messy bits, please...the cake was accessorized with bits and pieces of my son's toys such as the cone, little firemen, shovel and the firehydrant! Anything will do take make it look done!!!




There's my princess and prince blowing the candles!

No comments:

Post a Comment